Inside Sales Representative for Internet Public Speaking Startup
(circulated July 18, 2011)
SpeakerSite launched in November 2008 and quickly became the world’s largest social network of public speakers. A completely new 2.0 version was built from scratch — and launched in July 2011 — to serve as the world’s largest marketplace of public speakers.
See more about SpeakerSite in “Company Description” below.
Location: Greater Los Angeles or Columbus, Ohio.
Compensation: Commission (1099 subcontractor)
Responsible to SpeakerSite co-founder Rob Emrich and assigned staff.
Responsible for connecting with public speakers, describing how they may most benefit from premium benefits on SpeakerSite, converting free customers to paid customers.
- understanding SpeakerSite offerings and target markets
- implementing a lead contact and cultivation process (using the company’s CRM platform)
- initiating leads
- initial telephone conversation presentation
- qualification of opportunity and financial viability of each call
- providing follow-up contact
- working collaboratively with co-founders
- reporting in real time (via CRM program) and regularly (via teleconference with co-founders)
Skills & Experience
- 2 years telephone selling experience (more, a plus)
- Has testimonial(s) from former employer(s) attesting to integrity and effectiveness
- Is able to work independently, as a 1099 subcontractor (without violating other employment agreements)
- Lives in either Los Angeles or Columbus (Ohio)
- Excellent English, Bachelor’s degree (higher is a plus)
- Has sold a service to individuals via telephone
- Has emotionally intelligent customer service skills
- Has experience working with online resources (CRM, social networking)
- Has worked independently, from home, with effectiveness and focus — responds to all incoming correspondence or telephone calls within 2 hours (during business day)
- Understands online user experience
- Is familiar with public speaking (does not personally need to be a public speaker)
- Excellent organization, telephone sales, and writing (email with professionally formal punctuation, grammar and spelling) skills
- Ability to make independent decisions involving discretion and judgment
- Understands multi-cultural perspectives
- Conversant in concepts, strategies and tactics of self-employed people
- Has worked with public speakers, educators, performers, entertainers
- International experience
SpeakerSite is deeply mission driven: we seek to help people develop their messages and find and reach their audiences. We are ethical and socially responsible. See more on SpeakerSite.
- is the world’s largest social network of public speakers with more than 5,000 members
- has been known as “SpeakerSite” since its launch in November 2008.
- is a website where “Members” have “Profiles” and they share best practices and make friends.
- is found at community.speakersite.com or on the “Connect” link at the bottom of every page at speakersite.com.
- is the world’s largest marketplace of public speakers, build on a proprietary technology platform.
- is a a new website, built from scratch based on the requests and (some of the) suggestions of the members of SpeakerSite 1.0.
- a website where “Speakers” have “Listings” so they can be easily browsed and contacted by meeting planners.
- is found at speakersite.com.
Co-founders Rob Emrich and Artie Isaac have built a collaboration with technology resources to maintain and further advance SpeakerSite.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and brief cover note to co-founder Rob Emrich at rob@SpeakerSite.com, describing why you should be considered for the position. Please be prepared to provide employer references.